Statistics for Business Analytics and Data Science A-Z™
Learn The Core Stats For A Data Science Career
Reddemy may receive an affiliate commission if you enroll in a paid course after using these buttons to visit Udemy. Thank you for using these buttons to support Reddemy.
Reddit Posts and Comments
0 posts • 2 mentions • top 2 shown below
2 points • Bananamcpuffin
Learn data normalization
- Data types
- how to structure a table
- basics of joins
Brush up on Statistics
- Build good tables
- link tables/sheets together using simple D/V/X lookup or index/match
- learn to do that in power query
- download a free SQL server and import your tables from above.
- Youtube or udemy a 101/basics/intro course
- build queries to join them and extract data
- Rebuild your database from scratch by building the tables using SQL
Learn Python or R
- Do this while doing all of the above, it takes a while to learn if you are coming from nothing. I like codeacademy, mixed with youtube and challenge sights. Udemy is good too.
Learn the basics of a visualization software
- This really helped me understand what I was doing in the analysis parts. Start with excel charts. Learn to create your own series and dynamic named ranges, it will be better.
- If this interests you, pick either Power BI or Tableau. I like them both for different uses - I usually use Power BI as an ETL since we are on a Microsoft stack and to rapid prototype then Tableau for better looking visuals.